truer words have never been spoken
I share that headcanon. c:
>implying that Link being a dweeb isn’t actual canon
Link’s awkwardness appreciation post.
Made. My. Life.
I could have used this information over the last 29 years of my god damn life
My mom taught me to pack like this and she gets mad when I come to visit and sees that I don’t use it.
I need to remember this for uniforms.
Oh my god, I am learning this ASAP. HOW DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS BEFORE?!
So like. Parents can come to Hogwarts to see their kids play Quiddich, right? (shut up if it’s not and just roll with me here.)
So what happens when Muggle parents get invited?
Could you imagine tho?
Like, after the initial “holy shit look at this magic stuff” they’d be like INTO IT.
THEY’D GET THE MAGICAL PARENTS INTO IT TOO.
THEY’D MAKE SHIRTS.
AGGRESSIVELY WEARING YELLOW EVERYWHERE THEY GO.
BEGGING THEIR CHILD FOR INFORMATION SO THEY CAN UNDERSTAND THE GAME BETTER.
SCREAMING AT THE REFS
ALSO MAGICAL PARENTS BECOMING FRIENDS WITH MUGGLE PARENTS AND BOTH COUPLES GETTING TOGETHER FOR COUPLE DATES
THEY INTRODUCE EACH OTHER TO EACH OTHER’S WORLDS
THEIR KIDS ARE LIKE
oh my god our parents are friends with each other omg
AND THEY MEET AT QUIDDICH GAMES AND JUST
"JULIE!!! OVER HERE!!! I SAVED YOU AND PATRICK SEATS!"
"OMG THANK YOU SEAN! HOW IS YOUR LAWYERING FIRM GOING?"
"IT’S A LAW FIRM AND IT’S GOING GREAT! HOW GOES THAT NEW RECIPE FOR THAT POTION THAT GETS RID OF STAINS?"
"IT’S A DISASTER, THE WHOLE HOUSE SMELLS LIKE ONIONS! AT LEAST IT’S BETTER THAN SMELLING PHIL’S SHOES."
"I’M SITTING RIGHT HERE SEAN."
"I KNOW. YOUR SHOES SMELL, DEAR."
I need more HP headcannons like this ones that focus on Muggle-born kids or their parentsbecause honestly I feel like in this day and age Muggle-born kids would be creative as fuck because I’m sorry while magic school sounds awesome on so many levels you cannot seperate me from my musicand because I am a geek I’d like to think maybe they’d tried to figure out how to make their video games too or even better tried to create things based off of those games I mean a villian could get so many ideas from video games but then kids oh kids brooms are cool and all but imagine a hovering skateboard or summoning a patronus only to find out it’s a pokemon coming up with spells to mirror spells from Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts like there are SO MANY POSSIBILITIES
I REALLY LIKE ZERO ESCAPE BUT THE CG IN THE FIRST GAME IS OBNOXIOUS AND I LOVE IT LOOK AT THIS SHIT
NOT ONLY ARE THE POSES IN THESE TWO DIFFERENT SCENES THE SAME BUT THE FACES ARE JUST
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THAT’S THE SAME HAND. THE SAME GODDAMN FINGERS. NO WONDER ACE COULDN’T TELL THEM APART WHEN THEY BOTH HAD GIANT FUCKING YAOI HANDS. I HONESTLY DON’T BLAME HIM BECAUSE IF I EVER SAW SOMEONE WITH THOSE RIDICULOUS CLUBS THERE’S NO WAY MY EYES WOULD EVER MAKE IT TO THEIR FACE. I WOULD SPEND THAT ENTIRE STUPID BOAT TRIP WONDERING HOW THEY PERFORMED SIMPLE EVERYDAY TASKS USING THEIR POWERFUL FISTS. FUCK THIS GAME AND FUCK ME.
what if harry had been sorted into slytherin though
- sarcastic bastard and no need to pretend otherwise
- learning the names of people outside your immediate circle of friends??? please
- usually overdramatic, sometimes morally grey
- sirius having to deal with the fact that his godson is a slytherin. a slytherin. james potter’s son is in slytherin. remus can you believe this
- bezzies-by-circumstance with draco malfoy with all the highlights including a) earth-shattering fights, b) someone brazen enough to curb draco’s nastiness, and c) someone unimpressed enough to tell harry to get a fucking grip and stop being so self-righteous all the time potter you frilly whingebag
- (and a friendship with harry/draco reluctantly getting roped into his cause could have changed a whole buncha shit for the malfoys and all that Malfoy Joins the Order With Snape fic of ‘03-‘05 could have come true)
- speaking of, a head of house/student relationship with snape might have saved his character from being entirely reprehensible
- challenging the wizarding public’s views of slytherin house by pitting their ridiculous prejudices against their blind all-consuming love for/faith in harry
- quirrell was a ravenclaw and wormtail was a gryffindor [insert harry’s sarcastic one-liner about all the witches and wizards who went bad being in slytherin here]
- jkr putting her money where her mouth is re: “we’ve all got both light and dark inside us, it’s our choices who make us who we truly are” by putting the boy who lived and eventual saviour of the wizarding world in the ~evil house~
- or even better she could have established slytherin as the ~evil house~ and then dismantled that completely by showing harry surrounded by loving, caring people forced to choose between standing beside their friend harry or supporting voldemort’s/their parents’ cause
- harry’s group of friends torn in two by their parents’ ideology and their loyalty to harry and what they’ve seen to be true while sharing a home with hundreds of halfbloods and muggleborns
- and then members of slytherin house fighting tooth and nail against the people who raised them because harry potter just has that effect on people
- all resulting in an eventual about-face in people’s attitudes towards slytherins
- and when harry has kids they’re proud at the thought of being sorted into slytherin house because their dad was a slytherin and he saved the fucking world
i never knew i needed this but i need this
I never liked the idea of Slytherin!Harry, but now I really really want it.